Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bose Solo Tv Speaker IR board interchangeable?

RiverCC77

I have a Bose Solo Tv Speaker which will only work with the remote (designed that way) the IR board is bad. I can’t seem to find one anywhere online. I’ll attach pictures of the one I removed. There’s an IR board on eBay for a Bose Sound dock and I’m wondering if anyone knows if it would possibly work as an interchange? Or could someone point me in the direction of finding the correct IR board?
Part number 347103-00 Thanks!

Attachments

• FE003328-66F0-440B-B708-1A41D4675906.jpeg
    FE003328-66F0-440B-B708-1A41D4675906.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 243
  • 165B399E-AB93-4AE9-9047-27610E6C9239.jpeg
    165B399E-AB93-4AE9-9047-27610E6C9239.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 236
Last edited:
First off, Bose are absolutely abysmal for service, they won't supply spares or schematics, and it's basically just cheap Chinese gear.

However, there's absolutely sod all on that board - why do you need a new one?, and why do you think it's faulty?.

Assuming the remote isn't working?, then is the remote faulty? (which would be more likely), otherwise the IR receiver IC may have failed, they do occasionally, and we used to keep them in stock for the occasional failure in TV sets.

So EXACTLY what are the symptoms?.

Hello!
The remote is new and when looking at it with my phone camera, I can see IR light when pressing the power button. There is no IR response to the unit and the LED doesn’t light, the unit however has power and plays the tone after being plugged in. When I was researching the IR board I came across a discussion saying they should’ve done a recall on the IR board because of so many failing? It seems to be a common issue with this unit. Thanks!
Ms. River

Last edited:
Did you find a solution to your issue?
I also have the same Bose system and suspect the ir remote module is at fault
As I said above, do you also have a scope so you can check the output of the sensor?.

IR sensors do very occasionally fail, enough so that we used to keep them in stock where I used to work doing electronic repairs.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back