Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

boot/trunk remote closure

Status
Not open for further replies.
All working well thanks to both your help and instruction. Last thing I need help with if at all possible is changing the positive output pulse from pin 3 on the second 555 timer without using a relay.
I have tried researching using a transistor and resistors and have experimented on a breadboard but cannot get it to work. I even looked at NOT gates etc

The base of the NPN output transistor would be connected to the second 555 pin 3 through a 1k resistor, its emitter connected to ground, and the collector then provides the inverted output. If the ECU is happy with an open-collector output, then this is all that's required. If the ECU wants a pull-up to keep the voltage high when not activated, then put a (e.g. 1k ohm) resistor between the collector and 12V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back