Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Boosting RF output!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pike

**broken link removed**

Hey guys, i just want to know what R2 (330 ohms) does in this circuit.
I'm assuming it limits the power output of the transmitter?? Yes??

If I replace R2 with a wire link wouldn't that mean that C3 will no longer have the " resonating effect" on the transistor???

Pike

Yeah, R2 limits the power (im pretty sure). I made a transmitter identical to that one accept it had a batter audio amp. I had a 330 ohm resistor where R2 is, and i decided i'd try to get more power out of it, so i soldered a wire in parallel with the resistor . . . didnt seem to have much of an effect. I forget the math, but I tthink (and im just guessing here) that it would slice r2's value in half . . . or am i completely wrong? :oops:

beter let the experts take over . . . :roll:

pike said:
http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/circ/fmt2.htm

Hey guys, i just want to know what R2 (330 ohms) does in this circuit.
I'm assuming it limits the power output of the transmitter?? Yes??

If I replace R2 with a wire link wouldn't that mean that C3 will no longer have the " resonating effect" on the transistor???

Pike

Pike, did you not read the hint about the function of R2 in the instructions?
It sets the bias to the transistor. If you short it you also effectively short the output of the collector to ground.
Klaus

If you short it you also effectively short the output of the collector to ground.
Klaus

i had a feeling that i was wrong :oops: . I don't really get what you mean though klaus, a little more explaining please?? ive never really totally comprehended this oscillator, so i guess now is as good a time as any :lol: On my transmitter, i have a value of 330 or 470 (cant remember) with a 9 volt battery. Does this down the power?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back