Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

books

Status
Not open for further replies.

compute_a_nerd

Hello again. You may have read my previous thread, but if not; I am trying to build a robot that will follow me in both direction and speed without any wires, using some kind of sensors. I am still pretty new to robotics, and am looking for some books to buy to get me educated. Does anyone have any recommendations? If so please reply.
All help greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Chris

try this one out!.. i bought 3 books already :

- intermediate robot building (David Cook)

- insectronics (Karl Williams)

- amphibionics (Karl Williams)

I bought them at the same time because I'm from belgium and they just can't check it out if any of my intrests are available, i'd have to buy them at the same time. I'm very pleased of the first book, lots of theory and well for learning..gOOd explained and very detailed. I didn't read the other two books yet but my first opinion when i read some pages here and there.. its just like : this is the robot we are going to make, this is how you do it, here's the program and the pcb.. and done; not any further explenation about components or "how does it work"... but ok..I bought two books.. I'll make some robots out of if, mayby I'll learn about it when I'm working on it and see things for myselve.

Have a good book-hunting!

i am looking for a book that describes intermediate level, constructed by LEGO parts. Not a book that just describes 10 ready made designs. A book that will include several ideas about key areas of a robot construction(movement,what kind of motors etc). Any suggestions?

demestav
i havnt got any book sugestions ..but is a LEGO able to drive a stepper motor?
there are many sites with info .. try googleing robotics and stepper motors..

I think you need to check this book >

Robotics Builders Bonanza ., it have alot of ideas ..... and it explain how to select motors and differances between each type.....and many other things.

my fault, yes watzmann i was talking about the book you suggested. It looks like it covers many areas.
Thanks for the link. I have ordered it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back