Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bluetooth car remote controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry that is the wrong type, as Bill stated, you need a RS232 type device. I was wondering why you said they were cheap, that was the reason.

-BaC
well i am studying diploma in electronics engineering
hmmm i am staying in malaysia.... and the bluetooth receiver is around rm20-rm40

anywayz this the the bluetooth that we connect via USB and is used for transferring files to the cell phone.........

Well a USB bluetooth device won't work without a computer. You'll probably need a RS232 type and they cost more.

oic so if i am building a circuit then i need RS232 device??? hmmm
so will u help me design the circuit... help me tutor
i am ready to learn

You're ready to learn? What have you been doing in the mean time? Post what work you've done so far and you'll get some help, don't expect the forum members to do your assignment though. After all it's your degree, you're supposed to demonstrate your knowledge not ours.

hehehe thx guyz for clearing it up...
how much will a RS232 cost?????

Can't say, about $100 in North America. You'll also need a microcontroller to convert the RS232 data to control your relay. Bluetooth is not exactly a secure technology either.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Of course we will "Help", that is what this place is all about. Help is the keyword here;)

-BaC
oic so if i am building a circuit then i need RS232 device??? hmmm
so will u help me design the circuit... help me tutor
i am ready to learn

You're ready to learn? What have you been doing in the mean time? Post what work you've done so far and you'll get some help, don't expect the forum members to do your assignment though. After all it's your degree, you're supposed to demonstrate your knowledge not ours.

ohh well in the mean time i have started to learn java programming to program the cell phone
and now i am researching how to built the circuit as i have no experience doing so
tats y i am asking all ur help

Of course we will "Help", that is what this place is all about. Help is the keyword here;)

-BaC

thx man'
i hope by doing this i will have some experience and when i am doing my degree in 1 year time i will have better ideas and the experience to do the circuit myself

for now i will do the research bout the RS232 and the microcontroller... the cost and the programming
well do i have to do programming for the microprocessor too.....
i have not learned to do so yet????

Microcontroller's are very inexpensive and versatile, most everyone here uses microcontrollers in some way.

I prefer the PIC type of micros myself. as for compilers, asm is the most low-level, there are high-level languages even free Basic type, if you can program in java you will have no issues adapting to Basic.

-BaC

thx man'
i hope by doing this i will have some experience and when i am doing my degree in 1 year time i will have better ideas and the experience to do the circuit myself

for now i will do the research bout the RS232 and the microcontroller... the cost and the programming
well do i have to do programming for the microprocessor too.....
i have not learned to do so yet????

Microcontroller's are very inexpensive and versatile, most everyone here uses microcontrollers in some way.

I prefer the PIC type of micros myself. as for compilers, asm is the most low-level, there are high-level languages even free Basic type, if you can program in java you will have no issues adapting to Basic.

-BaC

so there is a converter from java to microcontroller language???
hmmm so u think my ideas will work??????
because after this there is no turning back for me

thx man 4 helping me...
i wil get back to you soon after i have learned something about the RS232
and what microcontroller or PIC u recommend????
the model num????
thx 4 helping me man
u have done me a great help

Nope, you have to learn a new languages, but as I said, if you can program in java you will be able to learn Basic pretty quickly. Most programmers can adapt to what ever is needed. It's just adapting to the syntax and flow is all.
Part of the electronics world is keeping up to date. So adapting to new stuff is part of the job skills.

Well, without knowledge of your full idea and implementation, I can't tell you what to use. This is the part you must do, and a basic schematic would be a good start for getting help.

-BaC
so there is a converter from java to microcontroller language???
hmmm so u think my ideas will work??????
because after this there is no turning back for me

thx man 4 helping me...
i wil get back to you soon after i have learned something about the RS232
and what microcontroller or PIC u recommend????
the model num????
thx 4 helping me man
u have done me a great help

Nope, you have to learn a new languages, but as I said, if you can program in java you will be able to learn Basic pretty quickly. Most programmers can adapt to what ever is needed. It's just adapting to the syntax and flow is all.
Part of the electronics world is keeping up to date. So adapting to new stuff is part of the job skills.

Well, without knowledge of your full idea and implementation, I can't tell you what to use. This is the part you must do, and a basic schematic would be a good start for getting help.

-BaC

hmm yea
thats the prob man
i can learn java
but its hard 4 me to learn how to learn to design the circuit...
any advise???

Advise, sure read more about basics circuits and theory.

-BaC
hmm yea
thats the prob man
i can learn java
but its hard 4 me to learn how to learn to design the circuit...
any advise???

Advise, sure read more about basics circuits and theory.

-BaC

hmm i will try to learn to design the circuit myself..... but can u tell me where i can find an example of the circuit that i am gonna built????

as i have said.... i am gonna learn java... and bill advised me to use microcontroller to control my circuit..... is there any application to convert java language to BASIC???

and if i want to change from bluetooth to infrared...... wut kind or model of IR must i use..... its becoz u r right..... the RS232 cost are very high....

well i am studying diploma in electronics engineering<<--What course is this, some 1-2 year associates degree or something. I would have to say this is not even close to Engineering, sorry to say.

I too am called an Engineer, but in the computer industry it seems they use that term widely. I am Not and engineer, my Mother and Father would be upset to see the term engineer used so loosely, and members here as well, sorry to say.

A good start would be a google search on circuits, ir or bluetooth. It seems your trying to circumvent the learning part, you need to read as much as you can about everything you can find;) I believe the project you are trying is out of your scope at this point. Not to say you will not understand this as you learn the arts;)

I doubt anybody here is going to design your project for you, "help" is the key word here. Good luck on your journey.

Can you read schematics?
Best regards,

-BaC

well i am studying diploma in electronics engineering<<--What course is this, some 1-2 year associates degree or something. I would have to say this is not even close to Engineering, sorry to say.

I too am called an Engineer, but in the computer industry it seems they use that term widely. I am Not and engineer, my Mother and Father would be upset to see the term engineer used so loosely, and members here as well, sorry to say.

A good start would be a google search on circuits, ir or bluetooth. It seems your trying to circumvent the learning part, you need to read as much as you can about everything you can find;) I believe the project you are trying is out of your scope at this point. Not to say you will not understand this as you learn the arts;)

I doubt anybody here is going to design your project for you, "help" is the key word here. Good luck on your journey.

Can you read schematics?
Best regards,

-BaC

thx 4 replying
well diploma is done before degree
and its the basic for engineering
anywayz i can read the schematics but not that good
well i think this project is out of the scope of my learning
i think
coz i dont have enough resources
anywayz thx alot
no one here helps me so i am dropping this project