Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bluetooth Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

fubuaks

Hi.... I wanna make some project on blue tooth technology. So I m looking out for some books which can teach me straight from the basics. If anybody could tell me, it would be gr8 help....

What would you like to build using Bluetooth? It is a very complex stack with multiple options for what you can send/receive over it. Things such as pairing of devices is not an easy task.

If you are simply looking to implement a device (e.g. data transfer, audio sending) then finding a module that accepts a suitable input (e.g. serial or audio) would be your best option. They are not particularly cheap at the moment though, especially compared to something like FM or Zigbee.

If you are intent on driving yourself crazy, the Bluetooth specifications would be a good place to start.

thnx....i wanna control my home appliances by my cell phone using bluetooth.....can this be
done by interfacing appliances 2 a bluetooth dongle or somethin like that.....!
if you could refer me some book that can teach me bluetooth right 4rm start, ie, how it works....?

Start here: Bluetooth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then read up some more on Bluetooth protocols and see how different hosts implement it as a Bluetooth stack.

Once you've understood the basics, check out some breakout boards and modules like this one.

I'll warn again, Bluetooth is not easy! You might find that running a simple webserver at home and browsing to that with your phone is much easier. You could get the site to send commands over a USB port or serial UART to a connected microcontroller, much easier to implement.

No, not really. Some Microchip PIC devices can act as USB hosts, but that isn't the norm and it wouldn't work properly anyway.

I already posted you a link to some Bluetooth modules and breakout boards. They are what you should be looking at for small devices that are Bluetooth enabled. It is still a very difficult task though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back