Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bluestar International Components

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preher TV

Anyone here ever had any trouble with bluestar-online? I usually don't use this parts distributor, but I was in a pinch time wise and my normal distributor did not have all the parts I needed for a job. I have used this company in the past and never had any problems, but this time they sent me a totally bunk part, everything in my order was fine except for a STK393-110 for a convergence job, it was beat up really bad even had rust on the back and someone had hand soldered on a new row of pins(they did a bad job too), of course the IC did not work it was a DUD....they will not respond to my emails now and the phone number is working but the line is so distorted I can't understand the recording. I have since ordered the part from a different vendor and fixed my customers set, but just wanted to let everyone know what happened in my experience with this company and to see if anyone else has experienced this from bluestar. I personally will never use this company again and would never reccomend them to any of my repair friends.

sorry I meant to post this in general **** chat, if a Mod could please move the thread that would be awesome, thanks so much.

Well I have to say that although I have never received a response from Bluestar , I did notice today that they refunded me the money for the IC, when checking my bank account. I'm glad they refunded my money but it really does not excuse selling that "rebuilt" STK393-110.

Preher,

Try these guys:

**broken link removed**

I used to go there 15 years ago when it had a retail store. Now it's just mail order.
They have the STK393-110 for $14.98. I don't know if that is US$ or CA$.

Last edited:
thanks for the link Bob, always good to have more resources. Normally I use suburban electronics, they have good prices and always send quality parts.

I'm starting to have problems with them. I bought 2 pieces with them almost a month. These parts do not arrive, I asked the traking number to trace in the USPS and they simply do not respond.

Just used Bluestar to replace a lamp in a television. Simple part to replace, nothing too complicated where it would be easy to mistake parts for one another. So I ordered the "Factory Original" lamp. Bluestar sends me some off-the-wall lamp that's not even close to fitting the television. THe lamp was not in factory packaging, and was just inside a plastic bag loose. Tried calling...no room on message machine to leave a message. Tried emailing...no response. Tried calling another number I found...left a message but no return call. Looks like I lost the money, and am stuck with a useless lamp to boot.

I will give them this though...Fast shipping and it was at least in bubble wrap. Not much consolation there though. Buyer beware.

I placed an order on 11th Dec, which is showing as "shipped" but has never arrived. Like other members I have emailed and received no response, and have telephoned and found no-one can take my call, and there is no space to record a message.
Just looks like a total rip-off to me; I was surprised to learn that other people had received their goods, even though there have been problems.
Since they have been good in the past, I wonder if the company has changed hands, or if someone who had their hand on the tiller has gone overboard and not been replaced.
I wonder if there would be any point in contacting my credit card company?

Ever heard the phrase "You get what you pay for" ?
There are costs, and hiccups in reliability like this are one of them.

I have had problems with Bluestar International Components.

Anyone here ever had any trouble with bluestar-online? I usually don't use this parts distributor, but I was in a pinch time wise and my normal distributor did not have all the parts I needed for a job. I have used this company in the past and never had any problems, but this time they sent me a totally bunk part, everything in my order was fine except for a STK393-110 for a convergence job, it was beat up really bad even had rust on the back and someone had hand soldered on a new row of pins(they did a bad job too), of course the IC did not work it was a DUD....they will not respond to my emails now and the phone number is working but the line is so distorted I can't understand the recording. I have since ordered the part from a different vendor and fixed my customers set, but just wanted to let everyone know what happened in my experience with this company and to see if anyone else has experienced this from bluestar. I personally will never use this company again and would never reccomend them to any of my repair friends.

I have not encountered a company that will not talk with you on the phone, when the line is actually usable. They sent me an incomplete order after 1 month and that was after I started bugging them. They promised to send the rest of my order and I still don't have it after 1.5 months.

Please do what I did, if you haven't already: File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (United States and Canada BBB Consumer and Business Reviews, Reports, Ratings, Complaints and Accredited Business Listings) and with the Federal Trade Commission (Federal Trade Commission). I also contested the charge of the missing parts with my credit card company.

One final thing: Can you or anyone recommend some good electronics component web sites?

Have a great day...

Digikey, Mouser, Jameco. Do your research before you buy. It's a buyer beware world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back