Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Blown Capacitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh sorry, i didn't see the "i" in your post, there is a line of dead pixels down my screen. Yeah i have heard of the icolour, and i think the imove is in that series aswell, i have seen them in action, and controlled em once. Prety cool light those!

Oh and for that device, i use a DMX Usb pro from enttec, it works well for my needs. I only have 2 DMX lights ATM, a RGY laser, and this scanner.

things said:
what do you mean what is it from? Its a light, or scanner, or whatever you call it, basically it projects patterns, that can be panned/tilted, colour changed ETC, and its more than just a dimmer on that board, its a full 3 stepper controller, DMX capable, sound mode, and all that other stuff. More info on this light is here **broken link removed** But wow, refridgerator sized dimmers! How many pars were you running off that beast???

Not sure about the total number, but we had a full cross-stage truss in the front, another in the back, smaller side towers, and shinbusters all over the place at the front of the stage and in front of a big drop cloth behind the stage set. Everything was controlled by a manned lighting computer out by the FOH mixer. IIRC all the top fixtures were 500W Lekos and Fresnels, with a couple of motorized iColor-type things for pizzazz. This was 16 years ago though so my memory is hazy.

This wasn't with my personal band; I was with a larger group. My band from the past 8 years or so maxed out "light shows" at. . .um . . .well, I do have some drumsticks which light up bright blue when you hit something with them. Does that count? :)

Torben

[Edit: Spelt "Fresnel" wrong the first time round.]

Last edited:
Geesh that woulda been one hell of a light show, you have any probs with blinding anyone??:D the biggest dimmer i have used was bout the size of a computer tower, but it weighed a freaking ton also, 2 poeple to lift it, and we were only running 12 or so pars, 4 blacklight tubes, and 2 blinders, oh and a couple of halogen floodlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back