Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Blowing electronic parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've blown up a few of these (in work related testing):
**broken link removed**
That's a 3300V, 1200A IGBT.

Lightning does a Great job of blowing things up.
One time a guy brought in a beuatiful Sylvania 13" T.V. to my shop and it had 13 PC traces and 8 parts missing.
No sign of them anywhere,no peices or anything !!!

I'll bet seeing one of those IGBT's going off was something!

My new Dremel did the same thing but I didn't bother sending it back.
I just won't by another one again.
My old Craftsman high speed drill with worn out brearings still works after 30years.
It is about to die but it still cuts! he,he

jer :)

I've blown up a few of these (in work related testing):
**broken link removed**
That's a 3300V, 1200A IGBT.

Darn, I wish I had a few of those.... :D

Several hundred amps easy, ahh the flash of vaporized copper is pretty isn't it? Well so long as it doesn't blind you =)

Yeah, I certainly figured something like that, but I didn't have a meter hooked up to check...

;)

It was fun to build, though - great article from those old books (one of these days, I might try it again, but take my time to make it right)...

My Bosch tools rock. Don't know why Bosch "owned" wouldn't.

This is what I have done. Maybe Bosch should try this BEFORE they let any Dremel into the world.

Run the tool at maximum speed for an hour with no load. Let the bearings and all settle down and work out what they are comfortable with. Did that with the one I got back from repairs.. It is running sweet now.

No slowing down or speeding up anymore. For now. Consistent speed.

And I really like Bosch products. I have a number of them. Just the Dremel thing.....they need to "brush up" their game. Sorry for the pun.
High speed small machines are not on the list of what Bosch does well.

They need to listen and learn.

Hopefully someone from Robert Bosch is monitoring this Forum... Dremel rocks still :D

Cheers,
TV Tech

Last edited:
Mine has an Issue with the brush holders not contacting properly.
If push on of button screw it will run and sometimes I can't get it to start at all.
I just haven't taken the time to tear it apart and fix it.
I was just a little pissed cause it was broke brand new out of the box.
I used it for about 20 minutes and then it started acting up.
But I will have to do it soon as the ole' craftsman does run but barely, and, no speed buy any means.

jer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back