Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BL-xx Li-on Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebasira

Hello everyone!!

I hope you guys can help me... I'm tierd of reading and reading and also reading about Li-on Batteries, specifically Nokia's BL-xx Batteries... I had a BL-5B from my phone and I want to use it in my project. By the way it is an AVL (Automatic Vehicle Location), wich I want to connect to this battery.

I've been researhing and they have 3 terminals:
1 - GND
2 - BSI aka Battery Size Indicator or Battery Status Indicator
3 - +V

I'm planning to use a ISL6291 for the charging circuit...

My questions are:
- Is a BSI a resistor or a thermistor connected to GND? I think it should be a thermistor to sense battery temperature so the charger circuit can cutoff the current if the temperature is too high..

- How can I tell how much battery charge remains? Or How can I know the battery charge level?

Please excuse my english... My native language is spanish

I'll extremely appreciate any help!! Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back