Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bistable re-triggers if any voltage fluctuation occurs in main !

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much days it will work on 9v battery !

I have attached my complete circuit which is 3hr timer with bistable..
and it will run 3 times a day....

And If suppose I want to use normal 9v battery for powering this circuit...
And it will run 3hr +3hr +3hr = total 12hr a day...

So how much days it will work on 9v battery !

I will remove all the led for saving energy...

Now how much days .. it can work with 9v battery....

Attachments

• Reset8.GIF
    Reset8.GIF
    14.3 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
You won't get much life out of that 9V battery. A typical 9V battery is rated for about 150mAh, you are drawing a significant amount of current from the battery so a rough guess would be somewhere between 12 and 24 hours. If you are trying to power the relay with the 9V battery then you will get even fewer hours. You can get a longer run time out of a series of AA type batteries or larger. AA batteries could last a few days to maybe a few weeks, if you go up to D cells then you can probably get close to a month or more.

These are just rough guesses, I haven't actually calculated for any exact numbers.

what will be the best......

12v transformer or getting a simple mobile charger circuit which gives 6v and then converting 6v via voltage doubler to 12v to drive relay...
in both situation the cmos ic & relay will run.....

So which one will be the best ....

You run it off a 7AH 12 volt battery kept topped off with a 12 volt trickle charger. That will likely eliminate most of the problems you are having. Then if you want lower voltages use regulators. Start with a single power source.

You start building a house with a foundation, your foundation for any project is a source of good clean power with more than adequate current. The more crap and components you toss into a project, the more likely you will have failures. CMOS circuits are sensitive, if you use CMOS you make sure you have clean power. You also make sure every time a relay clicks it does not cause a dip in power. When CMOS counters see a dip or spike you can bet they will reset. Everything begins and ends with the power and a cheap junk wall wart is not a quality power source.

Ron

Yes use a rechargable battery and keep it charged. Like a battery back up.

Thanks friend for you reply ...

I have 3.7v and 1000 ma Nokia battery .... I want to convert this to 12vdc to power my circuit with relay..
My relay is 12v and it needs 60ma current to work properly...

So friends can this be possible..

Even assuming 100% efficiency in converting from 3.7V to 12V the battery would drive the relay for no more than 3.7*1000/(12*60) ~ = 5 hrs.

Thanks friend for you reply ...

I have 3.7v and 1000 ma Nokia battery .... I want to convert this to 12vdc to power my circuit with relay..
My relay is 12v and it needs 60ma current to work properly...

So friends can this be possible..

I suggest you think about finding another power source.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back