Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Biomass as fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just think of al the wonderful gasoline and oil hats gonna be burned up delivering all this fuel to a handful of places from several hundred locations.

tcmtech said:
Should I till under a field and let it decay back into the soil or should I harvest everything above the ground and then process it and get every bit of use and energy out of it before returning the ashes to the field?
Either way the net energy gets returned to the cycle. I just borrowed some of it for my needs.
At the very least you do have to return the ashes to the field.

I would not want to remove everything from the field every year or maybe leave a few inches in place when cutting.

Nature needs some of the organic waste to maintain the soils health. Soil without organics get rock hard.

Just think of al the wonderful gasoline and oil hats gonna be burned up delivering all this fuel to a handful of places from several hundred locations.

Interestingly put. Conversely the same was so when the horse was replaced by Automobile.:p

kv:)

Ugh horses.
Now theres nature at its most efficient. :rolleyes:
An animal that can poop 10 times it own weight in a year while only eating 9 times its own weight in food gets an over unity award from me!:eek:

(Hay is dry, manure is wet. a horses digestive system only takes a tiny fraction of the nutrients and energy from what it eats so there is almost no weight loss from absorbsion of material.)

Ugh horses.
Now theres nature at its most efficient. :rolleyes:
An animal that can poop 10 times it own weight in a year while only eating 9 times its own weight in food gets an over unity award from me!:eek:

(Hay is dry, manure is wet. a horses digestive system only takes a tiny fraction of the nutrients and energy from what it eats so there is almost no weight loss from absorbsion of material.)

Giving the horse an interesting roll of waist management when you say the organisms needed to break it down and then are deposited outside the gut to further the cause of increased biomass production.

Then think of the rise of dinosaurs and their production that fed a large biomass of plant material with all the methane and volcanic releases no wonder their was an imbalance in nature back then.

I think they are wrong. It was the dinosaurs who led the global warming problem both then and now.:p

kv:)

Dinosaurs are reptilian and theoretically they would have had the reptilian digestive systems that are far more efficient.

I think the loads of ancient horse poop is really what created the coal beds of today!:D

My dad has had horses all of my life. 30 full grown horses would weigh about 40,000 pounds. They eat about 200,000 pounds of hay in one 6 month period over winter. figure that much more in summer grazing.
200,000 pounds of hay turns into about 50 5000 pound truck loads of manure or about 250,000 pounds of waste product. :mad:

Put several million horses eating and pooping in one state sized area for a few thousand years and there you go, enough waste material to form a Wyoming sized coal bed 50 feet deep! And enough fart gas to warm the planet up to near fatal levels for most life!:eek:

Just a theory.;)

I like that "Java Log" idea. Does it smell like coffee when it's burning? I make a couple or three pots of coffee at work every day, you might make a small log out of that, get some 300 Java logs at the end of the year... kinda makes sense.

So, you need a thing like a compactor or something? A hydraulic ram kind of an arrangement to compress the grounds into bigger pellets?

Now Canada consumes 65 % of the coffee imported into North America. Canada is only 1/10 the size of the U.S.

Whoa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back