Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

binary

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorchman06

i am trying to learn binary and i'm pretty confused on what it is. so if you could help that would be great... thanks

All of them (binary, decimal, octal, pental, hexidecimal) are "base 10" in their own base. The highest value digit is one less than the number of values each digit can have.

x = 0 to n-1 for base n

There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.:D

Mike.

So are you using a subtraction function here, Base 10 - Base 8 Octal leaves a base 2, one who understands and one who does not? :)

To write decimal 2 in binary it is 10,
To write decimal 8 in octal it is 10,
To write decimal 16 in hexadecimal it is 10,

Etc.

Mike.

Lol, duh, I did not catch that. Good one:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back