biasing of an op amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

samina

can any one please tell me how a voltage divider provide biasing for an op amp.especially when both inputs are connected to a common dc source.
plis plis help me.........

Are you using the opamp as a differential amplifier?
Please attach your schematic.

can any one please tell me how a voltage divider provide biasing for an op amp.especially when both inputs are connected to a common dc source.
plis plis help me.........

Almost all op-amps are designed to operate off symmetrical +/- power supplies. When this is done, the inputs and output will be very close to 0Vdc. If you operate it off a + or - supply and DC ground, the output will split the voltage and be at 0.5Vdc. The inputs will also want to be at the same voltage level. Therefore, you need a voltage divider to cut the voltage in half for the input that would normally be connected to DC ground. It's preferable to use another op-amp as a voltage follower to supply that bias voltage: much less AC impedance, and a more accurate voltage since the follower is acting to correct that voltage split.

See attached for example.

Attachments

• audiostrip.gif
    9.6 KB · Views: 350
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…