Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

biasing of an op amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

samina

can any one please tell me how a voltage divider provide biasing for an op amp.especially when both inputs are connected to a common dc source.
plis plis help me.........

Are you using the opamp as a differential amplifier?
Please attach your schematic.

can any one please tell me how a voltage divider provide biasing for an op amp.especially when both inputs are connected to a common dc source.
plis plis help me.........

Almost all op-amps are designed to operate off symmetrical +/- power supplies. When this is done, the inputs and output will be very close to 0Vdc. If you operate it off a + or - supply and DC ground, the output will split the voltage and be at 0.5Vdc. The inputs will also want to be at the same voltage level. Therefore, you need a voltage divider to cut the voltage in half for the input that would normally be connected to DC ground. It's preferable to use another op-amp as a voltage follower to supply that bias voltage: much less AC impedance, and a more accurate voltage since the follower is acting to correct that voltage split.

See attached for example.

Attachments

• audiostrip.gif
    audiostrip.gif
    9.6 KB · Views: 342
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back