Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bf64c replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomguy42

Hi I have some transistors-*
Bf64c that is like to replace,
I found one equivalent but it seems it's obsolete too (bdt64c).
Does anyone know of anything new I can use? I'd like to replace a whole row of them.

Are you sure you have the correct number?

BF series were high-frequency transistors as far as I know, not darlington power as the supposed equivalent?
The numbers appear to start at around 100

Could it be a B followed by a number rather than an F, eg. a B164 or B464?

What style case is it, and what is it used in?

Hi, I think it's the Darlington power transistors I'm looking for... here's a picture.
I'm just wondering if there's a modern alternative I can buy in bulk.

Attachments

• 20210210_190440.jpg
    20210210_190440.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 177
I agree with rjenkinsgb, it sounds more like a 2SBxxx type transistor (the 2S part is left off) - google doesn't find anything for a BF64C.

Can you post a picture of the original transistor?, also what does it do, and what is it in?.

Finding replacement transistors is more a case of finding one for the application, and not just trying to find a replacement from the numbers.

Thanks, sure here's one attached.

It's a power transistor to the larger voltages of a lamp matrix. I think you'd call it a multiplexer row...?

I also just seen BDW94C used in place of it in the same positions on another board. Hopefully thats correct as that's available, I might have answered my own question :/

Attachments

• 20210210_212259.jpg
    20210210_212259.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 165
Yes agree... they do use alot of custom ic's marked up as BFM****
Thanks for the replies

Yes, looks like an in-house number, so completely meaningless.

I'd be inclined to test a working one, to confirm that it's PNP and indeed a darlington. If you've got a cheap Chinese component tester (and you should :D) it will tell you pretty well all you need to know. But even a multimeter will tell you if it's darlington and PNP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back