Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best quad op-mp for triangle wave gen

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinarfi

I'm using all of a triangle wave for comparison and need a clean wave form, I'm use two of 4 op-amps in a quad op-amp and would like some recommendations of good op-amp or maybe a better design for a clean wave form. Some examples of what won't work are attached and two good ones and the circuit.
Thanks
Kinarfi
I didn't think to put labels in the screen shots, but if you hover your mouse over the upload, it will give the name of the op-amp used.

Attachments

• tlc2274cn.png
    tlc2274cn.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 153
  • lm324.png
    lm324.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 163
  • lm2902n.png
    lm2902n.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 152
  • tlc27m9cn.png
    tlc27m9cn.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 138
  • Excell.PNG
    Excell.PNG
    7.8 KB · Views: 136
  • tlc2274cng.png
    tlc2274cng.png
    6 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
That's shocking. Where's the noise in every waveform coming from?

Try decoupling (a cap or 2) the reference voltage (the 10k pot output) and the power supply. You could also try a snubber on the output of each opamp. Also, be sure to connect both scope ground leads to the circuit ground.

Last edited:
FYI, The scope is a digital DSO-2150 USB, the slight ripple on the slope of most of the waves is because of the scope, I believe, and I also believe the nasty spike at the peaks is just the op-amp design. I used the exact same parts on each screen print, just swapping op-amp in a socket. The TLC2274CN is what I'm going to use so far at $1.68 each.
Kinarfi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back