Best quad op-mp for triangle wave gen

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinarfi

I'm using all of a triangle wave for comparison and need a clean wave form, I'm use two of 4 op-amps in a quad op-amp and would like some recommendations of good op-amp or maybe a better design for a clean wave form. Some examples of what won't work are attached and two good ones and the circuit.
Thanks
Kinarfi
I didn't think to put labels in the screen shots, but if you hover your mouse over the upload, it will give the name of the op-amp used.

Attachments

• tlc2274cn.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 154
  • lm324.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 165
  • lm2902n.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 154
  • tlc27m9cn.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 141
  • Excell.PNG
    7.8 KB · Views: 139
  • tlc2274cng.png
    6 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
That's shocking. Where's the noise in every waveform coming from?

Try decoupling (a cap or 2) the reference voltage (the 10k pot output) and the power supply. You could also try a snubber on the output of each opamp. Also, be sure to connect both scope ground leads to the circuit ground.

Last edited:
FYI, The scope is a digital DSO-2150 USB, the slight ripple on the slope of most of the waves is because of the scope, I believe, and I also believe the nasty spike at the peaks is just the op-amp design. I used the exact same parts on each screen print, just swapping op-amp in a socket. The TLC2274CN is what I'm going to use so far at $1.68 each.
Kinarfi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…