Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best PCB Drawing Software for PIC Microcontrollers - Advice Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey 3v0 i never really noticed that post. You are correct. People should read first. Didnt mean to try to over throw you heh. ... remember tho i can love eagle today and love kicad tomorrow :D
Maybe part of the deal is making enough fuss to get it noticed.

In terms of the large picture it does not matter much what any one person likes or uses. Even the worst mentioned has followers.

For a number of years now Eagle has gotten about 50% on the votes in the poles we have conducted so it is fair to say it is most often used. Perhaps we should conduct these once a year. It would be interesting to see the changes.

We have to give extra weight to the voice of people who have used several packages. Keeping in mind that a free or relatively cheap package should not be trashed because it does not work as well as the $10K package used at work or ripped off for use at home.

If anyone thinks their favorite needs more detail in the sticky I would be glad to add it.

Yeah makes sense. Thanks to this post and your sticky i will be trying DesignSpark PCB software. It looks pretty nice. And i hear can import eagle libs. Which saves me time. Thanks and sorry about the small hassle i created heh :D

heh sure it totally different from eagle so far. Just adding nets got me mad at first. Lots to try out here. Also changing the interface seems to be a pain. But its free! so im going to test it out for a while and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back