Best overall smart phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertwill

Hi to all,

I would like to know what smart phone everyone is using, if using one, and/or what do you think is the best smart phone off right now. I am currently using the T-mobile MDA and I think its alright.

I am sure there are much better smart phones out there and thats why I wanted to see what others thought. The one complaint I have with the MDA is the processor speed grrr, could be quicker!

I just picked up the blackberry tour 9630 with verizon and its a 9.5 outta 10. My only disappointment is that they used micro instead of mini usb and the trackball isn't removable. I would have loved wifi too but oh well.

i used a htc tytn 200, with slideable keyboard, until the connection of i/o board and mainboard (?) became very flaky, rendering it useless. rough usage, my fault there.

now i have the nokia e71, like it, but its nothing for people with big fingers, but as far as i can tell it seems better for rough usage

They just released the Android, that looks pretty solid, and the OS is opesource. All in all it looks like a solid phone.

Last edited:
My son has an i-phone. Its speakerphone transmits horrinle noises. When I talk on my phone the i-phone sends me a loud echo of my voice. When my son talks it is way too loud and is extremely distorted.

My daughter has a blackberry that also sounds awful. It transmits muffled extreme distortion.

Their toy features are for little kids.

I think the IPhone was just recently crowned the worst mobile phone ever =P It's all the OTHER stuff the phone does that's important. Personally I think they need to isolate the phone features from the smart device features. Can you imagine how compact, lightweight and battery efficient they could make a cell phone with modern production methods if ALL that it did was place and receive phone calls on a basic information (name and number) display a small piezo beeper for the call alarm and a decent vibration motor is all that are needed.
We should be wearing phones by now. The single biggest component should be the battery (you still need a decent battery for peak/long term transmit power)

If the Android setlles into Verizon nicely I might get one of those but ONLY because it's opensource and you can write your own software for iti f you want. Problem is if you do that it probably voids your Verizon wireless contract, and they'll rape you for data charges. Personally I think a basic wireless phone and a mini laptop are a great combination. Even the lowest model cell phones will act as a wireless modem in a pinch.

All that being said I own an Alias 2. It's not a smart phone but it's as full featured as most cell phones come today. Plays MP3 and Video from 100 meg of onboard storage or up to a 16gig micro SD slot. The audio quality into a pair of in ear closed type headphones is phenomenal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…