Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bench Power Supply Peripherals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I know you did ! I saw your post some weeks ago when you showed the purchase of both items via a link to the Banggood website and I did a 'good enough for him, good enough for me' type purchase !! So I will have the same problems !

This is on the website, not quite in the same context but does show independent power, may help ? S

Attachments

• banggood voltmeter 1.jpg
    banggood voltmeter 1.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 213
and, I've just attached my v/amp meter to 6v then 9v battery, identical decent display from both, must be voltage regulator in line ?

and, I've just attached my v/amp meter to 6v then 9v battery, identical decent display from both, must be voltage regulator in line ?

I presume so, just as I presumed it needs an isolated power supply - I have a PSU I built years ago at work, where I had to provide an independent power supply for the digital voltmeter I fitted.

If it's only driving the 7 seg display a 9v battery would last quite a while wouldn't it ?

It's typical for DPM's (Digital Panel Meters) to require an independent supply.

5V was the digital TTL standard. Now your seeing 5, 3.3 and even 1.8 and lastly 0.8V standards.

Hi Guys

One final question - I hit on the idea of using a function generator and a freq. counter to help me play with my 'scope to learn how it works and what does what etc. Once I've achieved that, is there going to be much future use for either piece of equipment given that I may well make a few good cakes but I'm unlikely to ever get to icing them !

S

Sorry - wrong thread - see function generator with PIC 16C54 !!!

Last edited:
Hi Guys

One final question - I hit on the idea of using a function generator and a freq. counter to help me play with my 'scope to learn how it works and what does what etc. Once I've achieved that, is there going to be much future use for either piece of equipment given that I may well make a few good cakes but I'm unlikely to ever get to icing them !

S

Sorry - wrong thread - see function generator with PIC 16C54 !!!

Sure there is. If you ever decide to have a go at an amp repair for example, or indeed building one from scratch, the generator will be very handy for injecting signals. You can then watch your trace output on your scope, adjust for crossover distortion etc etc. Likewise, it can be a really handy source of safe 50hz for developing a zero crossing detector etc before you connect your circuit to mains voltage. Then there's radio work, digital signal processing and a whole other life of interesting possibilities. The freq counter will allow you a quick and dirty way of confirming clocking signals and has loads of other uses. There's always a place on the bench for test equipment, no matter whether you buy it or build it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back