Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bedroom Sound System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paprika

Hello everyone.
I have a xbox and am palnning to get a Digital Cable box in my room and currently I sport a nice 19" Samsung TV but the thing only has like one speaker which totaly sucks when playing my Xbox.Anyway, Instead of buying some kinds of surround sound system I wanted to basicly build a sound hadler system supporting 3 speakers (left, right, center/sub), direct volume control, VU sterio meter and maybe equilizing abilities. Anyway, to amplify the incomming signals I originaly planned to use the Philips TDA1554 AMP chip, but thats like only 22 Watts and I would not mind atleast 50, what I wanted to know is of a good amplifier chip to do this, but the catch is that i need to be able to buy the chip in very low amounts, such as 1 or 2.

Thanks!

Goto **broken link removed** for some of the coolest amplifier designs.

Try using TDA1514A from Philips. 48 Watts @ 8 ohm.
Or, if you want a one-chip solution, you could try TDA7560. It's a car radio amplifier, 4 x 50W @ 4 ohm.

I once built a stereo amplifier for my friend --> 2 x 120 Watts using two TDA7293 ICs; a real monster :wink:

lots of thanks but I've still gotta find a somewhere to buy em!

Philips usualy has links at the bottom of the product description page(s) but allot of the companies are sold out.

no i got it, anyway I changed to this one, with anthor supplier which may be easier to work with:

25 +25W STEREO AMPLIFIER WITH MUTE & ST-BY

**broken link removed**

Hello Everyone, I have a bit of a problem here.
You see, I am tring to build a Amplifier for my room so I can get better sound out of my things such as my Xbox & Cable Box, Anyway I need a parts list I made up verified to work with the sample schematic provided by STMicroelectronics for the AMP chip i am using, which is the TDA7265 25W STEREO AMP. The sample schematic for a sterio amp setup can be found in the Datasheet which can be found here:
**broken link removed**

Now the problem which brings this up is the fact I don't have much experiance with picking out capacitiators, resistors & such things, so I am asking you for your help. Below is the parts list which I have assembled, please tell me what you think, thank you. I have put it in 'code' format to retain the original structure.

Code:
Part Name      | Part Number     | Price & Qty| Part # in Schematic & Notes
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Black RCA Jack | Jameco #185842  | $0.12 x 10 | Audio Input
25W Stereo AMP | Arrow #TDA7265  | $4.75 x 1  | Overall Amp Chip
10k Carbon Res | Newark #84N2583 | $0.18 x 3  | R1
15k Film Res   | Newark #84N1584 | $0.07 x 5  | R2, R4
18k Film Res   | Newark #84N1592 | $0.03 x 6  | R3, R5, R8
560 Coat. Res  | Newark #02F2609 | $1.06 x 4  | R6, R9
4.7 Carb. Res. | Newark #84N2432 | $0.06 x 4  | R7, R10
1uf 25v Cap.   | Newark #36C7091 | $0.54 x 6  | C1, C2, C3
1000uf 25v Cap.| Newark #36C7097 | $1.34 x 4  | C4, C6
0.1uf 50v Cap. | Newakr #39C1394 | $0.30 x 8  | C5, C7, C8, C9

Newark = newark.com
Jameco = Jameco.com
Arrow = arrow.com

Thanks in Advance!

Hi Paprika.

You don't have to worry about the resistors. Use 1/4W carbon resistors.
For the capacitors, you should buy ones whose operating voltage is 50% larger than the supply volatage (i.e. supply of 25V --> capacitor of 50V). Use polyester caps for 0.1uF, and as for those of 1000uF, I would suggest that you use bigger ones (>2200uF), since their function is to filter current spikes from the supply.

Hope this was helpful.
Let me know how it works :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back