Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bedini generator/motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane2oo2

hi all
quick question:

the image attached is an image taken from **broken link removed**

at the bottom it says ...once started it should run forever... i cant see how it can run forever as there is nothing charging the battery?

maybe if there was another coil at the top of the motor to recharge.

or am i just not understanding the circuit correctly?

Kane

Attachments

• bedini.jpg
    bedini.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 4,622
how long would "long time" be roughly? are we talking days/weeks or months?

and why does it say it should run forever?

it is like those battery powered pendulums..
i would say months.. but it will stop .. its not a perpetual motion machine ..the laws of thermodynamics say there is no such thing..

This is a same idea as "DC brushless motor". But here is a "trigger coil", no Hall-sensor for exact switching. I think, the efficiency also not good (i mean this is a demonstration)
The motor cannot started, but run if the supply voltage exist.

so if a second coil was fitted and a rechargable battery was used...
then would this motor just keep on running?

No it would not, there will be power lost (as heat) due to the resistance of the coils and friction in the rotating piece. This power loss cannot be regained, so it will eventually stop.

doe sthe phrase

"perpetual motion"

ring the bell for anyone...

Kane2oo2 said:
so if a second coil was fitted and a rechargable battery was used...
then would this motor just keep on running?

No, as jrz126 has already pointed out it's impossible, there have been thousands of perpetual motion machine over the centuries - predating electricity by a long time. None have ever worked, you can't generate energy from nothing - all an electric motor does is convert one form of energy (electrical) to another form (mechanical) - the one in question is just a very low power motor. It takes power from the battery and turns, but the mechanical output will be very low, and this means the battery consumption will be low as well.

You already probably have a number of similar devices at home?, battery powered clocks work on a low output motor and low battery consumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back