Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BE Project Desparately needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdaroga

Hi im in dire need of a BE project which has something to do with security systems. i have explosive detector in mind but cannot find any circuit or block diagram ( ie i dont have a clue on how would i be able to implement it).
I am also thinking about a diamond detector, but its the same case. i just cannot find any material regarding that.
im basically looking for projects to do with security.

Plz if anyone could come up with any idea is welcome.

hdaroga said:
Hi im in dire need of a BE project which has something to do with security systems. i have explosive detector in mind but cannot find any circuit or block diagram ( ie i dont have a clue on how would i be able to implement it).
I am also thinking about a diamond detector, but its the same case. i just cannot find any material regarding that.
im basically looking for projects to do with security.

Plz if anyone could come up with any idea is welcome.

Both of your suggestions are electrically simple, but require a sensor of some kind - that's where the problem lies!.

There are commercial explosives detection machines, which (as far as I'm aware?) detect the smell of the explosives (just like a sniffer dog, but nowhere near as well!). But it's doubtful you could source (or afford?) the sensors used.

I can't think of any way to detect diamonds though?.

But as it's your course, it's up to you to think up and develop a project, not to try and copy someone elses.

i know the project is electronically simple but i would appreciate if u could give me some clue about how to make the probe or the sensor for the explosive or diamond detector..
any other projects are welcome, but they must be something related to security systems

hdaroga said:
i know the project is electronically simple but i would appreciate if u could give me some clue about how to make the probe or the sensor for the explosive or diamond detector..

You normally buy sensors, not make them, and certainly detectors of smells are pretty rare and expensive things?.

yes, they charge thousands of dollars for such sensors. Many of them are made with advanced fabrication techniques that have to be done in clean rooms with expensive equipment, so there's no way you could possibly make those things at home. Making sensors like that is one of the things the graduate students at my university do, and even they are usually working in teams over long periods of time with access to advanced equipment. Obviously not something for the casual hobbyist.

You really ought to come up with a more feasible project, otherwise you'll end up disappointed.

can you elaborate on how you want to detect the explosives? (presence, action, etc, etc.)

ok so now the explosive detector is out of question but can u guys come up with something more feasible like an RFid tag. i cant do this project as another group in my class is already working on it.
Any new ideas on something related to security systems.

I have designed an entire wireless security system for my house based on holtek encoders and decoders, RF modules, lots of 555 timers, IR heat sensors, IR break beam sensors, laser break beam sensors. I just havent built it yet.

Maybe you could do something really simple like make an IR beam break sensor so that when someone walks through it, it goes off. You could make it wireless like mine too.

the idea is good but then the project becomes too small. i need something not too small and not impossible. something interesting and challenging too. i guess i've become too demanding :)

well you could make a couple different detection systems. One detection system that would be pretty cool would be a vibration sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back