Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BCD UP/DOWN COUNTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'COUNCILOR

Good day everybody!

I'm building the digital up/down counter using CD4510 as the counter with CD4511 as the display driver (7 segment). My problem is, I only needs the counter to count from 6 to 0. In short I would like to shorten the count from 9 to 6. Can anybody give me an idea on how to shorten the counting of CD4510? I REALLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP THAT YOU MAY EXTEND TO ME.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE.

D'COUNCILOR

Remove a bit

I dont know which circuit you are using so this may not work. Disconnect bit 4 (the one representing an 8) from your display driver and connect this to the reset of your BCD. That should work.

Hello!

Thank you very much PROF. INSANE for your suggestion and I will try your suggestion. But for your reference and may be you can give me more accurate suggestion regarding my problem, I got the circuit from BOWDEN'S HOBBY CIRCUIT. The title of the circuit is "9 SECOND DIGITAL READOUT COUNT DOWN TIMER". The website is
**broken link removed**

I'll wait for your response again.

Thank you and more power.

D'COUNCILOR

Yup.

Now ive seen the circuit, I can see how it works. Disconnect pins 3 and 4, and ground these. Connect pins 13, 12 and 4 to +12V, this tells the counter to start at 6 instead of 9.

All done now.

**broken link removed**

Best of luck,

-Chris.

GOOD DAY CHRIS :)

Thanks again for your response. I do really appreciate your help and I will try it later.

More power!

D'COUNCILOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back