Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BCD to decimal convertor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdanfirst

well, i know that a 4028 converts from 4 bits to 10 outouts, but i have searched for a circuit that will to the other way around,... :? :?
convert from 10 inputs(only 1 on H state, the rest L, at a time) to 4 bits..
i need this for a peralel port circuit..
hope u can help..i am waiting for an answer.. :shock:

BCD to Decimal

How about a simple diode encoder ...

Input 1 -- diode to output bit 1 (LSB)
Input 2 -- diode to output bit 2
Input 3 -- diodes to output bits 1 and 2
Input 4 -- diode to output bit 3
Input 5 -- diode to outputs 1 and 3
... ... ... blah blah

Each diode (all cheap signal type) has anode to input, cathode to output.
This will work as you stated only one input can be high at a time.

Waiting over (15 mins !)

the ideea is that i dont have enough space for so many diodes, i'll need about 30 of them or so..
that's why i thought of an ic, maybe something from the 74xx(x) series also...
but there might be the case of when more than one input is active high, so... :x there;s something else....
and...ya, i remembered.....anybody knows something like 4028 that does that for 2 bits, or 3, i need both types
thnx

fm receiver

hi folks,
i need help in making an fm receiver. any sugesstions or sites will be highly appreciated. thanking u

grp :)

and another thing, i found the datasheet, but the inputs are active LOW, maybe sb knows one that is active High? :?: :?:

No I don't know any other encoder with active high inputs. The problem can be solved using inverters (7404).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back