Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery / Voltage Regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

danos

Hello everyone....

I really need to build a voltage regulator and i need ur help and ideas about any kind of design...

Basically, i need a voltage regulator from 36V battery to 24V

Thanks in advance

danos said:
Hello everyone....

I really need to build a voltage regulator and i need ur help and ideas about any kind of design...

Basically, i need a voltage regulator from 36V battery to 24V

Thanks in advance

What are your current requirements? A 78L24 can produce 24V @ 100mA. An LM317K can produce between 1.2V and 37V @ 1.2A. An LM317T can produce between 1.2V - 37V @ 1.5A. An LM338K can produce between 1.2 - 33V @ 5A.

From what i know should be a bit more than the 5A
might be 6 or 7A

Sorry, i forgot to mention!!

Thanks for ur reply

You can use any of the above with an external pass transistor. Check their datasheets. That would be a whopper of a transistor, though, because you're looking at 84 Watts of power dissipation just across the transistor. Think "switcher."

j.

36 volts,
sounds like three 12 v batteries to me.

the easy way would probably be to
put the wire on to the 24 v connection.

simple and effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back