Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might want to take a look at the LCDs contrast adjustment. I suspect it's proportional to Vcc but you never know.

Hi PICers,

I want to design a 24V DC to 50Hz/240AC power inverter. My choice of PIC is the 18F452 (HWPWM). But I am not sure whether the ADC conversion time would be short enough for dynamic correction.

Any thoughts

nasib rahim

Last edited:
What's that got to do with the subject being discussed?

Please post on topic.

Am bringing this thread back up again. Another basic question(?) from a newbie :eek:

My plan is to come up with a project that can run off batteries and one of those wall-wart. The latter will "take over" the batteries when it is turned on.

Based on advice and recommendations discussed here, pretty much settled on 3xAA/AAAs, ie abt 4.5V.

I just tested with one of those wall-warts i had at home that has adjustable voltage from 3V to 12V. When I set it to 3V, I measured abt 4.7V, at 4.5V setting, it was abt 6V !!:eek:

Based on earlier discussions, this is obviously too high. If these wall warts are a necessary evil, what effective design can one have to tackle these challenges?

Your inputs, thots, recommendations are welcomed, as always. Thks!

I just tested with one of those wall-warts i had at home that has adjustable voltage from 3V to 12V. When I set it to 3V, I measured abt 4.7V, at 4.5V setting, it was abt 6V !!:eek:

Based on earlier discussions, this is obviously too high. If these wall warts are a necessary evil, what effective design can one have to tackle these challenges?
Wall warts will always read way high with no load. Their output varies with load. I would say a regulator is a must-have when powering from wall wart.

The latter will "take over" the batteries when it is turned on.
Steering diodes will ensure take over when the wall thing is 0.7 V to 1 V above the batt V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back