Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery powered pre-amp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim,
CAUTION: Whichever power amplifier that you make, do not try it with headphones. You might blow your ears out.
Like the time that I had my head up against a professional sub-woofer (1200W) to hear hiss, and someone turned on the CD. Nearly threw me across the field!
When you try it with those little speakers then I'll bet that you will want bigger ones.
Speaking of little speakers and Radio Shack:
When I gave up trying to get half-decent sound from boom-boxes for the beach, years ago I ported Minimus-3.5 awful sounding RS speakers (3.5") that were on sale, made a little stereo amp using bridged amp ICs and lots of bass-boost, and 6 AA nicads. The resulting 2.5W/channel into those little speakers sounded pretty good, and played all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back