Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery Open circuit voltage just after charging

Status
Not open for further replies.
They look like this:

Attachments

• battery cells sizes.JPG
    battery cells sizes.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 106
hi~ i posted wrongly.. my lecturer said cannot also.. why? I mean to use different type capacity AA (e.g. 1600mAh and 2300mAh). What will happen if i use them together (connect them in series)?

This about batteries is getting old. never put battery in parallel because if one is weak it will drain the other. you may put different battery in series but the net result will be the pack will die with the weaker battery drain. As an example start your car with one AAA battery in series the voltage will increase but when you try to start the car the AAA will certainly blow because it cannot handle the current. Capisce

bananasiong said:
hi~ i posted wrongly.. my lecturer said cannot also.. why? I mean to use different type capacity AA (e.g. 1600mAh and 2300mAh). What will happen if i use them together (connect them in series)?

The lowest one will go flat first, the rest of the cells will reverse charge it, the cell will probably rupture (or even explode!) and leak corrosive chemicals everywhere.

This is also why you NEVER mix non-rechargable batteries, either old and new, or different makes or types!.

I'm pleased to see your lecturer agrees, I have a low opinion of many lecturers :D

Nigel Goodwin said:
I'm pleased to see your lecturer agrees, I have a low opinion of many lecturers :D
:D haha.. He didn't tell me why.. and luckily u tell me... thx.. i will NEVER use them together.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back