battery help

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy1986

ok first of i would like to explain what i i am making.
i am a tournament paintball addict and the paint that we use is very brittle so it breaks on target, to do this the paint needs to be kept at a certain temperature other wise it will break in the barrel. what i am trying to make is a heat bag and need to know what sort of battery i would need to run this
**broken link removed**

for at least 3 hours

many thanks for your help in advance Andy

ps if you know of any products that would do this please feel free to give a link.

i am also not that technically minded so bare with me

The advert says it draws 17A - so 3 hours at 17A is 51AH.

You would need a LARGE car battery to do that, or preferably a leisure battery which would handle the abuse better.

with that sort of current, i would suggest a deep cycle battery. a bit pricey but will last longer under such conditions.

is this for transport in your car or just in a room etc, what is the target temperature??

they need to be kept at around 15-20c, i will make a bag of some sort to keep the heat in as it will be out doors in a field while we play.
i am open to suggestions as to other heat sources

thanks very much for your quick response please keep them coming

Last edited:
well you have a couple of options really,

option 1, those thermal packs for walking would be ideal

option 2, i keep reptiles and they require a heatmat, these heatmats are as low as 7watts @ 240v

this would need a battery and an inverter to run but they are quite low powered.

think your best bet is the thermal packs, if you pay a bit extra you can get the ones that you boil afterwards and it recharges them. no batteries that way

hope that helps

If you have a well insulated bag, I don't see 15-20 being too much of a problem, what temp is it outside?

How much do you want this unit to weight, as light as possible? Are you carrying it around or is it in a fixed place.

once i have unpacked it out of my car it will stay were it is until i go home, so ideally it needs to be fairly light and compact

So long as you aren't carrying it around with you, I would go with the heater you provided and the battery capacity Nigel suggested!

i posted before but it didnt go up as im new, have you thought of those reuseable thermal packs, the type used for walking. i use them when transporting my reptiles over long distances

i did yes but i will need to keep warm about 20,000 paintballs (10 cases) so would need allot.

unfortunately the fan that i showed in the first post is a load of rubbish you can't even feel it on you face, so am in need of some suggestions of a portable heat source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…