Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery help

Status
Not open for further replies.

biferi

Can you someone tell me how many milli amps are in these Batteries?

AAAA
AA
9 Volt
12 Volt
C
D

I am new to this Group and I don't know if my Reply to my last post got pick up.
Thanks for the help

There are different types of batteries:
Carbon-zinc
Alkaline
Lithium
Ni-Cad
Ni-MH.

The detailed datasheets for the batteries are at Energizer Battery Company. Energizer Batteries & Flashlights. Energizer.com . Click on Technical Info.

The batteries have an internal resistance so the voltage drops when the load current is high.
Alkaline batteries:
An AAAA might produce only 1V at about 400mA for a few moments.
An AA might produce only 1V at about 2A for a few moments.
A 9V has six AAAA cells inside so it might produce only 6V at about 400mA for a few moments.
A C might produce only 1V at about 4A for a few moments.
A D might produce only 1V at about 10A for a few moments.

The datasheets show graphs of how much time a battery can power a certain current and you select the current and the voltage at the end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back