Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery for Qucs

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntsman123

I'm new to this stuff and would like to learn by trying something simple I want to make, a car battery charger.
I'm stumped at the first hurdle because I cannot see a battery symbol as a destination for the DC.
I notice that one BobW created missing crystal by building one out of discrete available components.
Does anyone know how to great a lead acid battery using available components?
If so can the items be grouped to create new item for insertion into new circuits?

Should I continue learning Qucs or is LtSpice a better option?

Last edited:
Not really the answer you are looking for, but it is one thing to learn electronics, and yet another to learn to use a design tool package. If you look up 'battery equivalent circuit' on Google you may find what you are looking for. It's a good idea to think about what you find in relation to what you know about a real battery. For a battery onlad it is essentially a DC source in series with a resistor (internal resistance) but when being charged a capacitor with resistances. It can get more complicated dependant on how far you want (or need) to go.

Tracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back