Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

battery driven CFL tube

Status
Not open for further replies.

terramir

6V (4 D batteries) driven by 3 caps one transistor and one of those tiny transformers, the switch broke the circuit board and I fixed it by bridging the gaps, but now it is not as bright as the other ones I don't know exactly what factors effect brightness on one of these cfl's and inverter boards but can give a parts list 3 caps two green square ones and one 16V 47uf electrolytic, Q1 some sort of what I assume a fast switching transistor and the transformer.
I don't know if my repairing the circuit messed with the resistance of the circuit but I know for sure it wouldn't be by much. Any hints what I could try to do to boost the output? short of disassembeling the whole thing any of you know what would help fix this
terramir

Pictures of your repair job might help, but could really only be guessing at this point. When you had it a part, and fixing the PCB, bet there were a few thin, weak wires tangled around in the way. Would check those over. On the PCB, where you soldered, did you clean up the flux, or just leave it? Sometimes tiny beads of solder can be found there, look through a magnifying glass. Check both sides of the PCB? Sometimes hard to notice when its a two sided board, only a couple of traces on the top side.

Other than those guesses, pretty weird stuff. Kind of a simple circuit, would think it fail completely. How much brighter should the lamp be?

about 40 % I would say yeah it is a simple circuit but so small (without smd's so it's hard to really get a good look I need to get some alcohol to really get the flux off good maybe that will help, but I didn't see any shorts under magnification :S
It's single sided and well the cheapest circuit board I've ever seen how thin the copper was like rolling papers (the good thin ones) for a 100 buck lamp it was really cheaply built.
terramir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back