Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Battery Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohiniss

Hi

m a student of E&TC engg, I have to do Battery Charger as a project, i have gone through number of magazines..and found that there r no.of circuits for battery charger,
can u please help me..how should i start for this project, it's a mini project.

thanks

Hi mohiniss!

What kind of battery charger do you need, or, to be more precise, what kind of batteries are you planning to charge with it? NiCd? NiMH? LiIon? car battery (lead-acid)? Or something other? Next...does it has to be an "intelligent charger" or just a plain one?

There are loads of battery chargers circuits on the Internet.
Go to google and do a search on "battery +charger +schematic" and "battery +charger +circuit" (without the quotes, of course).

I'm sure you'll find what you need.

Thanx arcom,

kind of batteries are not specified in the problem definition, can you please tell me which will be better to charge...car battery (lead-Acid) can be a better choice..please give ur thoughts on this
It is just a mini project, we are planning to have 12v battery charger, which also indicates the user that .1. battery is charged fully 2. Battery charging is needed etc.
What will be the preferable battery charger as per ur say?

thanks.

I'll see what I can find. I know that I saw an "inteligent" battery charger using a PIC but I just can't find it right now...

BTW: Have you found anything you like?

Battery charger.

ya that huge list i found yesterday only, it is really huge list of battery charger..i'll look into the intelligent battery charger,
for now i'll select lidacid car battery charger and will show it to our sir..
then soon will mail u the progress of our project,
i hope it is ok with you..
i really appreciate ur help..and look forward to ur help.

thanx alot..
mohini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back