Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

battery backup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Guys,

I need a battery backup circuit for a 3.3V power supply I am using.
I found this one on the internet but I am concerned that there might be a safety issue with the lithium battery (explosion hazzard?)

Any advice?

I don't need the circuit to charge the battery, I prefer to use a lithium battery because I have many here.

Attachments

• 3V_Bat_Backup.GIF
    3V_Bat_Backup.GIF
    6.8 KB · Views: 244
Hello Guys,

I need a battery backup circuit for a 3.3V power supply I am using.
I found this one on the internet but I am concerned that there might be a safety issue with the lithium battery (explosion hazzard?)

Any advice?

I don't need the circuit to charge the battery, I prefer to use a lithium battery because I have many here.

hi,
Which type of lithium battery do you have?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_battery

I got the circuit to work (without the resistor)
it works perfectly. When power is removed, the battery power is being used.

I am just worried about any possible danger to the battery popping.
(I do not want a fire in my house!)

working circuit

Here is the working circuit. For battery, I used two AA batteries (3V total).
The Schottky diodes were ones I had. (SD103BDICT)

I used this for a MP3 player/voice recorder setup that does not use a battery (3VDC wal wart).
When the power goes out, the configuration is lost in the player. This is the reason for the battery backup.

It works perfectly now thanks to the information provided by ericgibbs.

Thank you

Attachments

• 3V_Bat_Backup.GIF
    3V_Bat_Backup.GIF
    5.9 KB · Views: 230
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back