Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

battery back up

Status
Not open for further replies.

n ranjan

cd someone give me an idea of how to add battey back up for pic 16f877.is there any standard design available. what type of battery should be used.

n ranjan :idea:

n ranjan said:
cd someone give me an idea of how to add battey back up for pic 16f877.is there any standard design available. what type of battery should be used.

What are you wanting to do?, the 16F877 doesn't have any battery backup capability - but you could quite easily power the device as normal from a battery. You obviously need to design the entire circuit for low power consumption though, if running off a mains supply you don't normally bother.

n ranjan said:

n ranjan :idea:
how about four NiMh 1.2 volt rechargeable batteries..
should give you about 4.8 volts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back