Battery/AC-DC power for multiple circuits...would this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never seen a DC jack that disconnects something and replaces it with something else. They usually just disconnect a non-rechargeable battery when the adapter is plugged in.

I'm not entirely sure about this as I only learnt about it yesterday here: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/automatic-switch-from-battery-to-ac-dc.85737/ but as I understand you get "switching" dc sockets like this one here: **broken link removed** which have three terminals you can connect to a 12v component and a battery. The positive terminal for the battery "breaks" when an adapter is plugged in, switching the 12v component over to ac-dc power. This is the sort of socket I have put the diagram. I went over the idea in the thread linked above and was told it was alright.

Your circuit will work when the switch is drawn like a switch instead of like a box.

Attachments

• ghetto blaster.PNG
    29.3 KB · Views: 113
I'm pretty much satisfied now ... but just in case anyone would like to continue the discussion - it would be even better if I could wire everything up without a switch involved. (I won't hold it against anybody if no one can be othered )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…