Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bathroom Solution. Any ideas? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlosMarroquin

Hi everyone.

I need to make that a bathroom door when it locks from the inside, an OCCUPIED sign can light up outside.

Any ideas how to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Can you gain access inside the door jamb pocket where the dead-bolt goes to mount a small switch there?

Whatever you come up with bear safety in mind, here in the Uk the power supply would need to be Selv rated if it is within a certain distance of the bath/shower/sink/toilet.

Devils advocate here: When the door is locked and you can't get in. Is it not occupied?

Devils advocate here: When the door is locked and you can't get in. Is it not occupied?
Methinks it's for a nervous pooper who doesn't like people fiddling with the knob whilst they do their business. Might even be so bad that they physically can't should it happen.

Whatever you come up with bear safety in mind, here in the Uk the power supply would need to be Selv rated if it is within a certain distance of the bath/shower/sink/toilet.
When I moved from UK to Australia in 2003 I was surprised to see light switches and sockets in bathrooms - in some cases the sockets were next to the sink. Having now lived here 14 years, I've never come across anyone that has tripped a breaker or got a shock from these fittings. I now routinely switch them with wet hands. Makes me wonder if the UK regulations are more suited to much earlier times and not relevant now.

Mike.
One of my current bathrooms.

Attachments

• 20170921_142411.jpg
    20170921_142411.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 125
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back