Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Basic usb oscilloscope or ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nofear4xjs

Hi, hope someone here can give me a heads up for what I`m looking for or need.

My only goal is to measure the wave forms & harmonics that are going through my body and also the same for the wiring in my place that is 60hz.

My question is would a simple USB oscilloscope do the work or should I be looking for another way of reading the wave forms & harmonics?

Thanks 4 your time.

Cheers or eat some healthy food if that`s ur thing :]

Unless the scope is very sensitive you would probably need a pre-amplifier to boost body signals.
For measuring 60Hz mains signals you would have to provide some way of isolation from LETHAL voltages.

Hi, hope someone here can give me a heads up for what I`m looking for or need.

My only goal is to measure the wave forms & harmonics that are going through my body and also the same for the wiring in my place that is 60hz.

My question is would a simple USB oscilloscope do the work or should I be looking for another way of reading the wave forms & harmonics?

Thanks 4 your time.

Cheers or eat some healthy food if that`s ur thing :]
For this special purpose, I think you would be better off with using a transformer to get lower voltage, and then feed it into a soundcard of a computer.

Has anyone designed a setup to plug into a sound card with the oscilloscpe reading on the screen? This would probably work for reading the wave forms in my body & the harmonics that are produced from out side sources. Like standing under powerlines or close to a lamp poll or even hold an extention cord.

I could build my own I just have no clue about electronics so I would need a parts list and design blueprint 4 dummies :]

But what about all the waveforms and harmonics from the oscilloscope?
How will you stop then from entering your body?

JimB

'Distance' may well add to your problems, because of stray signal pickup on the wires connecting to the scope, unless the wires are very well screened.

How about a DC powered Oscilloscpe ? I`m not looking for micro readings so these issues should not cause a problem anyway...?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back