Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Basic how to "Electronics program"... Im using Multi Sim 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

R3tic

Hey there, I just finished my basic eletricity course and have just started the basic electronics course. I hear its going to be a tough course so i thought i'd get a bit more help.

I purchases a book called "Introductory Electronics devices and circuits" and it also comes with MULTI SIM. the problem is, IT DOESNT WORK. So i went and did some research and the copy i have is an older copy so i downloaded NI Curcuit Suit Multi Sim 10 the trial version. The thing is i have no idea how to use it!!

Does anyone know if its possible to show all the formulas and culculations that goes on in a particular circuit? I can't seem to show it in 3D like it advertises...

well i guess any help will do, appreciate it.

If you want to work with electronic simulation software, you're going to have to learn to work with math. There is free software out there; LTspice comes to mind. But a newb in the driving seat of an F1 racer isn't going to exactly win races. 3D or highly processed visualization will only come over time after you've learned how things actually interact. Afterall those simulations don't come from the vacume of space, a person writes them, usually one who intuativly knows the relationships between the various currents and voltages going through them.

I do know the relations of current and voltage. I guess i didnt specify my "basic electricity" course. I'm taking Avionics and i'm very familiar with Kirchoff's current laws and capacitors/inductors/Impedence.

I just havent studied diodes and semi conducters yet. I thought i'd get a head start with a program such as this...

Does anybody use Multi Sim anymore?
We use SwCAD III which is free from Linear Technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back