Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

basic electronics question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Mario

The Q-point is an intersection point of diode characteristics and the load line,what does the Q-point represent and why is it important,thanks...

Q-point

from what I remember, q point stands for 'quiescent' point.

It is a point at which you operate your diode. I think it is especially important when you deal with AC signals, because it allows you to approximate the diode as the slope of the line tangent to the characteristic line at the point Q (instead using the exponential one). It's so called small signal analysis.

Okay thanks but I think I still need more details :shock:

I think all equations we use in the analysis of operating diodes are based on the fact that we're at this Q point... It doesn't much help but I hope it does!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back