Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bargin Servo Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
I would like to purchase a few servos for use in my micro controller class. We do not need top notch servos but want ones that will stand up to a bit of student abuse.

Any suggestions on what brands or lines to look at or stay away from ?

What is your price range?

Brand probably makes little difference in the low-end price range. They are all extremely similar, perhaps identical, and are highly integrated electronically. You want an appropriate size -- I would probably go mid to full size. For teaching, metal gears in the full-size class are probably unnecessary. If you go miniature or micro, then metal gears may be an advantage.

Hobby King now has a USA distribution warehouse. Most members of my club, including myself, were skeptical at first, but have had uniformly good experiences. Its prices are hard to beat.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/US.asp?HobbyKing_USA_Hobby_Warehouse

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back