Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Banned members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using Chrome 68 under Win 7.0 pro

Maybe it's a moderator thing? I'm using Win10 and Firefox and there is no line through the name.
That was my initial thought as well but as I said, banned members were marked with strike-throughs ever since I first joined the forum (and hence, was not a moderator). Definitely an interesting catch.

What if another forum is going through TCM hell and looks here? It shows him as a member in good standing. I know other forums aren't your problem but.....
He's since been marked as banned. The fact that he wasn't originally was definitely a bug.

Agreed. I'm not concerned about other forums, they'll learn quickly enough the kind of person he is.

What if another forum is going through TCM hell and looks here? It shows him as a member in good standing. I know other forums aren't your problem but.....
Not our problem. And no offense (I mean this sincerely with only the best intent) but I recommend you just forget about him. He's been gone for several months now and you still seem wound up by him. Right now you're only stressing yourself out and you've got nothing to show for it.

Enjoy the freedom ;)

Matt

Last edited:
....I recommend you just forget about him. He's been gone for several months now and you still seem wound up by him. Right now you're only stressing yourself out and you've got nothing to show for it.

Enjoy the freedom ;)

Matt
Hi Matt, I'm not 'still' wound up by him by any stretch, or even stressed out in the slightest. Just letting others know that other fora are wising up to a previously-shared problem, for very valid reasons. ;)
I'm quite sure your voluntary contributions toward cleaning up the facetious and inflammatory posts have dwindled pretty much to a halt since the Uber-Troll was banned, and you can now enjoy ETO for what it is. I'm definitely enjoying the tranquility which has been restored. ;)

Kind regards,
Mick.

Hi Matt, I'm not 'still' wound up by him by any stretch, or even stressed out in the slightest. Just letting others know that other fora are wising up to a previously-shared problem, for very valid reasons. ;)
I'm quite sure your voluntary contributions toward cleaning up the facetious and inflammatory posts have dwindled pretty much to a halt since the Uber-Troll was banned, and you can now enjoy ETO for what it is. I'm definitely enjoying the tranquility which has been restored. ;)

Kind regards,
Mick.
Hi Mick,

My mistake, I meant to quote Shortbus as well, and the second half of my post was directed to him, not to you. I was 100% agreeing with your comment about other forums figuring out what he's like.

I've edited my post to include the quote form Shortbus.

Like I said earlier, the only reason I brought it up was I saw a post that I was in and saw that this is the way things were. I didn't then or now get "wound up" by him. Just reacted the same as I would to any one doing as he did.

Thank you for now showing him as banned.

I took it for granted. I thought cause I could see it, so could everyone else.

I took it for granted. I thought cause I could see it, so could everyone else.
Same here, I was surprised to hear that wasn't the case for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back