Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Moderator Feature: Ability to ban particular members from a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
As far as I am aware there was no misunderstanding or arguing about the need for a method of preventing an an 'offending' member from posting to a specific thread.?

The only problem John and I had was with the terminology of the US and UK about the meaning of certain words being used.

All you have done is repeat what I have already said in Post #16.

E

Ahh, okay then! :)

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess we're all on the same page then?

Cheers,
Matt

Hi,

I think it would be good to give the person a warning first, then if needed invoke the ban for a given period, like 24 hours or something like that. This would promote free discussion while still maintaining order when the arg's get too heated :)
After the 24 hours (or whatever time period is deemed appropriate) and the member gets a chance to participate again, if they continue along the same lines then they can get banned for 48 hours. After that 96 hours or total ban.

If that's too complicated, then first ban for say 24 hours and then permanent ban after that.

That's my idea :)

So it would go like this:
1. Warning to specific member or members.
2. Ban for 24 hours (or maybe longer).
3. Permanent ban.

It's a shame that this has to happen in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back