Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bank selection instruction

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said earlier, why don't you use MAPASMWIN for now? It would allow you to assemble the code and get a working hex file. Meanwhile you can investigate what the problem with MPLAB is. Fors sure it's not the code, as it's been assembled with no errors (just the two irrelevant warnings about bank switching)

As I said earlier, why don't you use MAPASMWIN for now? It would allow you to assemble the code and get a working hex file. Meanwhile you can investigate what the problem with MPLAB is. Fors sure it's not the code, as it's been assembled with no errors (just the two irrelevant warnings about bank switching)

i have tried this but i faced a problem
when i come to assembling it says " program length may not exceed 62 charachters"
what is the solution

yes, it worked. thank you
if you can more help me , please tell me what to do about Mplab
thanks
another thig please
Here in Egypt , We do not have Official Microchip prgrammer
so can MPlab program a PIC using a hand-made programmer of serial type or i will have to use winpic
thanks after all

Last edited:
Hi,
Just got my MPLAB v8.0 installed, it works well. I was using v7.6.
Have you tried reinstalling it? Any third party software with programmer will work well :)

From v8 release notes

This tool has been tested under the following PC operating systems:
Windows® 2000 SP4, Windows XP SP2, and Windows Vista™ (32-Bit)* OSs
* Only initial testing has been performed on the 32-bit version for this release. The 64-bit version is not supported at this time.
Tools associated with MPLAB IDE may not support the same operating systems as MPLAB IDE. See individual tool readme's for more information.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Beginning with MPLAB IDE v7.51, MPLAB IDE and its related components (except those listed below) will no longer be tested on Windows 98, Windows ME, or Windows NT® OSs. MPLAB IDE and its related components may continue to work under these operating systems, but their operation will no longer be verified through testing.
·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Microchip will continue to support Visual ProCMD and PM3CMD on Windows 98.

m_saeed_soliman said:
yWe do not have Official Microchip prgrammer
so can MPlab program a PIC using a hand-made programmer of serial type or i will have to use winpic
thanks after all

You'll have to program the *.hex file created by MPLAB into the PIC using winpic. Or you can build your own ICD clone like the inchworm which will work from MPLAB:
**broken link removed**
I'd recommend buying the kit, but you can also build your own using the schematic and firmware supplied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back