Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[b]miniature Scissors Lever [/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.

odense

Hi all,
I am looking for miniature Scissors Lever that have the same feature as a pneumatics but the stroke is more longer. Requirements are that retracted length is 2m while extracted length is 7cm. A description of Scissors Lever can be seen:
https://www.scaryguys.com/mech.htm#anchor1743986
To say more why I am looking for the lever, I got some good suggestions since asking on the thread of miniature pneumatics. In principle, stroke of normal pneumatics is never longer than double of its retracted length while I want to find a device which should be 2cm at retracting and 7cm at extracting at all.

If I read correctly, you want a cylinder that is only 2cm long but extends to 7 cm?

Your requirements do not sound reasonable, I've looked through pneumatics before and never saw a double (though I don't doubt it might exist somewhere) much less the triple you describe.

I would suggest you reevaluate your requirements. There are plenty of ways to do a lift with existing normal pneumatic componets that have a stroke less than their length.

hey! as he said he wants Scissor type lifter\pusher
but why not build one yourself? buy a 2cm valve and attach the scissor part to it. it aint that hard you know

bloody-orc said:
hey! as he said he wants Scissor type lifter\pusher
but why not build one yourself? buy a 2cm valve and attach the scissor part to it. it aint that hard you know

You and Oznog are also right when saying about my requirements. Of course, I know, rod of pneumatics is never longer than its cylinder so I am think of using Scissor to replace pneumatics in my design.
Howerver, I need very precise and good quality one so that I want to find industrially produced devices instead I do it by hand.

A device I know we can use like pneumatics but its extention is much longer is MINI-PRESSURED AIR BAG (I don't really know how it is named). See stupid pics attached.

Attachments

• part1.jpg
    part1.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 753
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back