Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

B=1/r Electro Magnetic Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

umer007

I need to find out how and why rings form in magnetic fields. And why r there spaces inbetween those rings. The eq'n B=1/r duznt prove that i think...duz it??If neone can help plz do...

Magnetic fields make rings around current carrying wire because the magnetic field is the cross product of the movement of charge (If I remember correctly: its been a while since my E&M class). You should be able to prove this with maxwell's equasions. About the spaces in the rings: I think thats just how they're drawn, the field itself is continuous. I can't be any more specific without more info about the problem.

Brent

which maxwell eq'n wud prove that the rings r made bcuz the magnetic field is the cross product of the movement of charge??

If u r refering to the 4 maxwell eqns cud u plz explain them to me. I have no clue wt they mean :oops: plz explain each symbol in each equation so i can learn them. I dunno anything about this stuff just learning:(

One more thing, the rings in the magnetic field, arent those rings called flux?? And arent there many fluxes?

If you haven't worked with Maxwells equasions You won't be able to work with them. I took a semester lokg class on E&M and I still have trouble deriving things with these equasions.

If you tell us why you are trying to do this and if its for a class what equasions you have to work with We'll be able to help you more.

bmcculla said:
If you haven't worked with Maxwells equasions You won't be able to work with them. I took a semester lokg class on E&M and I still have trouble deriving things with these equasions.

If you tell us why you are trying to do this and if its for a class what equasions you have to work with We'll be able to help you more.

You need to undestand how to work with partial differential equations before you can derive Maxwells EQ's. The fundamental reason why the magnetic field forms a ring is rooted in the fact that magnetic "charges" in the singular sense, do not exist. You can still use Maxwells Equations to solve many EM problems but they only describe the E & M field behaviors.

well the reason i askd this is bcuz my tacher told me to find out how the rings r made and find proof. I hrd maxwells eqns prove that about the rings but i have never heard of them b4. I was just wondering if it wud b easy to give a general explanation. I guess all I need is which 1 of Maxwell's eqns prove that rings r created bcuz my teacher said that the formula B=1/r does not prove that.

But if the Maxwells do not prove how or why the rings are made, could you plz give me some kind of proof like an equation or nething that would prove why and how the rings are made.

SO if neone can help plz do.

it seems odd that you are in a course that asks you to PROVE maxwell's equations if you haven't been introduced to even how to use them at an elementary level... what course is this for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back