Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Awesome .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

granddad

Most Helpful Member
CH2jv6l.jpg

Only a woman could stretch out 4 pages of code into that lot!

I guess the medal process takes a bit of time over there! Or did they read the code first?

According to wiki AGC ( guidance computer ) software was written in assembly and stored in core memory.

Last edited:
I thought that the paper WAS the program... I though they used punched tape back in the 60's.... Assembly language for the system/3 surely wouldn't be that long... It only had 1k...
Ian, the code is only 1K, its a woman!! So 1K code and the rest is comments!! I expect there is shopping lists and all sorts in it :D.

If we got to the moon on that, how come we cant get to mars on a Iphone 6?

With windows you would get half way there only to discover, you have to buy an app to get the other half of the map

Nah, it would do upgrades just before landing. I saw a you tube clip of the weather forecast and when the switched to the computer showing the "weather", Windows was doing an upgrade.

A thought for the stack of code, primary code for system ops, core aspect, then for the possible emergency contingencies, to be functioned from ground control with craft operators in the event of possible problems.

possible emergency contingencies
Like getting lost? And i bet 3/4 of it is based on landing, seeing as that is done in reverse ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back