Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Avalon Switch Fabric and Embedded Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownOut

Banned
We are in the process of designing and deploying a number of embedded systems based on the Avalon switch fabric. Right in the middle of our efforts, out firmware engineer tell us that Linux won't work with the switch fabric that gets generated by the tools we are using. My question is why should Linux care? The switch logic is just addressing and arbitration; Linux runs on the processor and shouldn't care about how the processor interfaces, that is handles by the application or device drivers, right?

I really don't want to reset the project, and so I'd love to hear from someone who has extensive knowledge of embedded Linux, and let me know if I"m right or not. Your answers might save our project.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back